Welcome to the Finch community! We hope that you are reading this with a shiny, brand-new Finch sitting next to you on the desk. Perhaps you've already plugged it into a USB port and are marveling at its soothing, color-changing beak. If not, go ahead and plug the Finch in - no driver installation is required.
We suggest that you approach using the Finch by navigating through the following checklist:
- Read the Finch Hardware document, to familiarize yourself with the Finch's sensors and outputs.
- Read about the available Software options, and choose an appropriate programming language. Download the appropriate package.
- Try writing a simple program.
- Read the Known Issues as most problems, should they arise, can be resolved easily.
- Browse the items on the Teaching tab to get an idea of how others use the Finch.