Monitoring with the Finch
In this project, you will use the Finch to monitor the light level and temperature in your classroom. You will start by monitoring these variables over a one minute period, and then you will modify your program to monitor them over 24 hours.
Write a program that meets the following requirements:
- The program must record 480 temperature measurements over approximately one minute.
- The program must also record 480 light measurements over the same time period.
- The beak of the Finch should be green when it is recording and off otherwise.
- After the program finishes recording, it should plot the temperature and light measurements on the computer screen in different colors. The measurements should be scaled so that the light range 0-100 and the temperature range 0-36°C occupy most of the screen.
- The stage background should state what you are measuring and show an axis for each group of measurements.
After you have your program working for a five minute period, modify your program so that it takes 480 measurements for light and temperature over a 24 hour period. Measure what happens in your classroom overnight!