C++ - Command Line Compilation
1. Download the C++ Source Only download for your OS.
2. Ensure that you have a C++ compiler installed. For windows, we recommend using MinGW.
3. To compile a new program, first set the name of your cpp file that contains main to the MAIN_CPP_FILES variable on line 29 of the makefile.
4. Next add any other cpp files that are used to the OTHER_CPP_FILES on line 30 of the makefile.
5. Next add any header files you're using to the HFILES variable on line 32.
6. Running 'make' from the FinchC++ directory should now produce an executable for all the programs in MAIN_CPP_FILES to the exes folder in the FinchC++ folder.
7. To run the program:
- Windows: type .\ followed by your program's name with no extensions.
- Mac: Type ./ followed by your program's name.
- Linux: Type sudo ./ followed by your program's name. Example: sudo ./funkyChicken